You must be a KPAC member in good standing to submit images to Showcases.
The last meeting of most months is Showcase and gives members of all skill levels an opportunity to use their imagination and show their work. Each Showcase has a suggested theme. Showcase themes are published on the club website several months in advance so you can plan ahead.
ALL members are encouraged to participate and show their images and not be intimidated by the more advanced members. Some novice members have submitted excellent photographs. Remember, even the most advanced photographers were beginners at one time. Showcase also provides an opportunity to see your images on a large screen.
Submitting Showcase Images:
You may submit up to 6 images for a showcases. Email images no later than the Monday night before the showing. To submit images type this address into your email client and send with attachments.
The e-mail title should be KPAC <showcase title>
For example: KPAC Botanical Showcase
In the body text, identify the number of images included as attachments and your name. The person receiving your images will acknowledge that your images are received.
Prepare Your Images:
First: Make a copy of your original image. With a copy, proceed to address these requirements in the order they are presented.
File name: Rename the file right away. Avoid possible mix-ups and/or forgetting to rename before submitting.
Convention: <Firstname> <Lastname> – <Image Title>.jpg
Example: John Smith – Birds in Flight.jpg
Or, if you prefer a specific display order:
John Smith – 1 Birds in Flight.jpg
John Smith – 2 Soft Landing.jpg
John Smith – 3 etc.,
- Please use appropriate capitalization and only one hyphen as suggested ( Note: <space>-<space> ).
- Do not include extra numbers or other data such as you might use on your computer files, (
Smith John_Birds in Flight-93762.jpg) but you can order images as suggested above.
- Keep to a maximum of four words in the <Image Title> as required in competitions.
- The file name you submit will be used “as is” when posted in the Showcase Gallery and will display as the photo caption.
Image Size (Dimensions):
All images must be sized to a maximum of 1400 pixels wide and a maximum of 1050 pixels tall, (this is the preferred size, but they can be less). In other words, they must fit within a 1400 x 1050 box as these examples indicate.
Save or Export:
Before saving your image adjust the jpeg setting to anywhere from Quality 8 (60%) through 12 (100%). We recommend a minimum of 9 or 70%. Try for at least 10 or 80% for best viewing results. Keep the highest setting possible so long as your image does not exceed the size limit of 1.8MB. (less is okay).
Special Note: Please do not expect or ask the Receiver of Images to…
- resize, adjust or rotate your images.
- select the best images if you submit more than the number of images allowed. If you submit more than the maximum of 6 images, the first 6 will be used and the others discarded.
- accept re-submitting or changing images once submitted. However, if this is deemed absolutely necessary, please contact the receiver of images to make arrangements.
- edit and/or modify the image file name. Please follow the examples above.
Need Help on Resizing Images?
- How to Resize an Image in Photoshop: An older YouTube video tutorial that may be suitable for earlier versions of Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
- Photoshop CC Tutorials: A good place to start. Try searching for something specific such as: “Image Size”, “Save” or “Optimize Image”. New to photography? Try Jumpstart.
- Lightroom CC Tutorials: Tutorials for novice to expert.
Note: To print this page try File > Print… OR Right Click on the page and click Print… in the Pop-Up menu