The KPAC Executive are lead member-volunteers who keep the Photo Arts Club functioning with the assistance and input from members. Meetings, programs, field trips, and ‘Weekends Away’ are planned. Dues are collected, documented and a ‘Group’ email list maintained on the Club website. Operating the website and posting upcoming events are two more tasks looked after. Bills are paid and minutes taken at Executive and Committee meetings. Your Showcase and Competition images are assembled and projected. Knowing Zoom protocols, functions and hosting skills is an additional expertise we had to add this past year.
Many skills are needed. Most have nothing to do with Photography. To offer assistance, input or discuss particular tasks contact any Executive member. Current members are pictured below with individual positions listed at the bottom of this page. Click here for the full Members Directory,
NOTE: There are currently 10 members on the executive. Select Show  entries to view all.
List of All: ExecEmail
||Ben Anders||Send A Message||Lower Sahali|
||Greg Arvidson||Send A Message||Aberdeen|
||Doug Clemis||Send A Message||City Centre|
||Christine Overland||Send A Message||Rayleigh|
||Bryan Hunt||Send A Message||North Shore|
||Isobel Lamarche||Send A Message||Valleyview|
||Rick McCutcheon||Send A Message||Upper Sahali|
||Bonnie Pryce||Send A Message||Aberdeen|
||Janice Rutherford||Send A Message||Westsyde|
||Dave Whiting||Send A Message||City Centre|
The President presides over all things KPAC. His/her leadership skills will always be applied with the best interest of the club at heart.
The President will…
- Provide direction and purpose to the club through the Executive.
- Delegate to members of the Executive or Directors at Large, duties and responsibilities as necessary for the smooth and efficient administration of the club and its activities.
- Chair general and executive meetings.
- Call general and executive meetings.
Vice President (Ben Anders)
The Vice President acts in support of the President and may assist in all presidential duties as required and deemed appropriate by the president or executive.
The Vice President will…
- Chair general and executive meetings in the absence of the President.
- Assist other executive members as needed.
Past President (Vacant)
The Past President might be considered a “semi-retired” President. Experience gained with time served makes for a valued consultant to new executive. Their continued participation supports continuity.
The Past President will…
- Assist in the transition to a new president as needed.
- Assist with the transition to new executive members.
- Serve as consultant for executive and club activities.
Receiver of Images (Bonnie Pryce)
The Receiver of Images should be comfortable working on a laptop (Windows) in order to prepare and present images for Showcases, competitions and other AV presentations.
The Receiver of Images will…
- Receive and manage images submitted for showcases and competitions.
- Ensure that proper submission rules are followed by all submitting members.
- Display images as required for club meetings and activities.
- Organize and prepare Showcase images to display each participants name and a “Thank You”. An appropriate title image will also be prepared for each Showcase theme.
- Manage the club computer and projection equipment including software updates, projector calibrations and tracking any equipment loans.
- Liaison with the Web Content Manager (webmaster) to assist in maintaining appropriate website galleries.
Assistance in setting up equipment at club meetings for Showcase and other presentations would be greatly appreciated.
Membership & Welcome (Christine Overland)
The Membership Director collects and tracks membership registrations. September and October are usually very busy with new and renewed registrations. Assistance at this time would be greatly appreciated.
The Membership Director will…
- Collect, verify, organize and file Membership Application Forms.
- Prepare and manage name tags for the members.
- Provide member information to executive as requested.
- Maintain the Members Directory on the club website and provide member lists to the executive in a timely fashion.
Recording Secretary (Dave Whiting)
The Recording Secretary drafts minutes from the Executive Meetings — which occur about 4-6 times a year, as well as the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Recording Secretary will…
- Consult with executive to compile reports and prepare a consent agenda to be sent to all executive prior to each meeting.
- Prepare and keep accurate minutes of executive and general meetings.
- Distribute minutes in a timely fashion following meetings.
- Conduct club correspondence. (i.e. letters to other clubs, individuals and groups)
- Issue notices of meetings of the club and directors.
- File club documents in accordance with the Societies Act.
- Keep custody of the records and documents of the club, except those kept by the treasurer.
Treasurer (Doug Clemis)
The Treasurer keeps the financial records, including books of account. An annual statement of all income and expenses is presented at the Annual General Meeting and is available to all members.
The Treasurer will…
- Assist the Membership Director in receiving new memberships and fees.
- Deposit membership fees and any other income received.
- Receive and file monthly bank statements.
- Pay & record all annual membership dues for various groups including: BC Societies, CAPA, Web Hosting, Shaw Sabey Liability Ins., Postal Box Rental and Kamloops Arts Council.
- Pay monthly room rental to Henry Grube Education Centre.
- Oversee member subscriptions for Photo Life Magazine.
- Provide payment for honorariums and other ongoing expenses.
Field Trip Director (Bryan Hunt)
The Field Trip Director is our club’s “travel agent”. They will coordinate the annual “Weekend Away” and other field trips that may be determined throughout the year.
The Field Trip Director will…
- Consult with members in selecting events of interest to be considered.
- Manage any necessary contacts and/or permissions that may be required.
- Explore and recommend appropriate accommodation and arrange best group rates if available.
- Coordinate travel to and from activities.
- Be familiar with the club’s own Field Trip Guide and encourage members to be of this information.
- Manage any release/waiver forms that may be deemed necessary for specific activities.
- Liaison with the Social and Program Directors to coordinate timing of events throughout the year.
Social Media & Website (Isobel Lamarche)
Given the importance of social media in all life, including photography, this positions is now dedicated to optimising KPAC exposure on Facebook and in time other social media platforms. We aim to provide a platform for sharing images and promoting the work and events of the club.
Web Content Manager (Isobel Lamarche)
The Web Content Manager and Site Administrator work together to ensure that the KPAC website is meeting the needs of the club and its members while maintaining a positive public perception.
The Web Content Manager will…
- Be responsible for all website content including posts, pages and galleries.
- Assist other editors as needed to ensure the site content is current, consistent, and well organized.
- Be competent with WordPress and able to assist various editors such as Programs, Special Events, Members Directory, etc..
- Be proficient with image editing — resizing, reformatting etc..
Note: Training and/or assistance for this role will be provided by the Site Administrator. All that’s required is a keen interest and willingness to learn.
Inter-club Coordinator (Dave Whiting)
COVID has encouraged much creativity in recent months, especially at the provincial level. The ICC maintains regular and strong relationships with other clubs with whom we collaborate on an almost monthly basis. Our recent event with Danish Photographer Mads Peter Iverson has drawn over 150 registrations from all over BC and Yukon.
Directors at Large (Greg Arvidson, Rick McCutcheon and Bonnie Pryce)
A Director at Large has no specific role. This is a great position for anyone who loves to help out but is not sure what role is right for them.
Directors at Large will…
- Have input at executive meetings.
- Perform special duties as requested by the club president.
- Assist with organization and/or presentation of club events.
CAPA Representative (Janice Rutherford)
The CAPA Representative will…
- Report on appropriate CAPA news and events.
- Promote CAPA membership.
- Liaison with CAPA
Program Director (Vacant)
Program Director can be a demanding and challenging position. Good organizational and people skills are essential as is the ability to successfully designate and encourage participation by the general membership.
The Program Director will…
- Consult with members to develop and schedule programs that support the objectives of the club.
- Coordinate with guest speakers to ensure the requirements of both the club and the guest speaker are met.
- Liaison with other event directors to coordinate timing of events throughout the year.
- Post program information on the club website in a timely manner.
Competitions Director (Vacant)
The Competitions Director promotes and manages the various competitions the club is involved in throughout the year. This includes both Local and CAPA competitions.
The Competitions Director will…
- Be aware of the requirements and time schedule for any competitions the club may wish to enter.
- Coordinate the judging and selection of entries for competitions.
- Submit competition entries and coordinate with the host club.
- Encourage all members to participate in competitions the club may enter.
- Post competition information and results on the club website in a timely manner.
Social Director (Vacant)
The Social Director is the key organizer for club social events such as the annual Christmas gathering and summer BBQ.
The Social Director will…
- Consult with members in selecting events of interest to be considered.
- Develop a program of social events to promote camaraderie, friendships and recreation for club members.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the organization of social events.
- Liaison with the Field Trip and Program Directors to coordinate timing of events throughout the year.
Special Projects (Vacant)
There is increasing interest from many of our members for special events and programming which do not presently fall under other areas of activity (Competitions, Showcase, Guest presenters etc.) hence the role of special projects coordination. Out of this stream have come My Picture/Your Edit, the Mads Peter Iversen Workshop and post-processing educational events.