The Recording Secretary drafts minutes from the Executive Meetings — which occur about 4-6 times a year, as well as the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Recording Secretary will…
- Consult with executive to compile reports and prepare a consent agenda to be sent to all executive prior to each meeting.
- Prepare and keep accurate minutes of executive and general meetings.
- Distribute minutes in a timely fashion following meetings.
- Conduct club correspondence. (i.e. letters to other clubs, individuals and groups)
- Issue notices of meetings of the club and directors.
- File club documents in accordance with the Societies Act.
- Keep custody of the records and documents of the club, except those kept by the treasurer.